Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ni Hao!

Hey there!

My time here so far has been wonderful! The host family they connected me with is awesome! They love to laugh! Sometimes we sit around the table at night laughing hysterically about four different things (because of the language barrier)! AND I LOVE IT! They are such good hostesses. They have helped me feel right at home.

The teachers camp has been going very well. We have "Free Talks" everyday so that the teachers have an opportunity to speak and practice their fluency. My group becomes more and more comfortable speaking in English.  In some ways, I feel honored that they feel safe around me and the rest of the group to step outside of what might feel comfortable to them. I thoroughly enjoy hearing about their lives and families.
 
(posted by Joy Hersey)

No comments:

Post a Comment