Sunday, July 17, 2011

Starting Week Two - The Children Invade!

I woke up this morning to the calm, cool sounds of my neighborhood.  Roosters were crowing (I live kind of on the edge of town and many people have gardens and keep chickens) and I could hear the sounds of a few neighbors starting to stir as they prepared to go to work.

 

But all of that is going to change in a little over an hour as THE KIDS COME!  As Luke mentioned yesterday, we had initially planned for a little under 100 primary and middle school students.  As of yesterday afternoon (Sunday for us), there were 128!  Various people with influence had heard about the camp (remember, it was on TV and in the paper!) and had called asking to get their children into the camp.  That means we go from about 13 students per group (in Middle School) to about 21.  It will be a zoo!  A squirmy, fun, smiley, loud zoo – but still a zoo.  The energy level will be high and it is going to be a lot of fun.  Personally, I’m not convinced that there won’t be a few more last minute additions – but we’ll see.  It will all work out.

 

So I’m going to read from my Book, commit the day to the father, and head out shortly.  All of us hope that you, too, will be remembering us as we start today.

 

Jeff Sherlock

No comments:

Post a Comment