Friday, August 5, 2011

Free talk essay

Learn to obey (Dennis Locky)


 I believe sometimes I had to learn to obey

There is one thing I can’t forget, although it happened more than twenty years ago.

You can imagine that riding a bike in a dark road alone, needs strength and courage.

The year I was graduating from junior middle school. I thought it was boring and not necceary for me to go to a high school without any hope of going to college. Because every year at the poor schools ,nobody can pass National College Entrance Exam ,so I decided to give up applying for that kind schools. also I wanted to burn my bridges behind me.and I'm going to fight with my back to the river,The only choice left is going to the No.1 high school or dropping out of school. But after we knew the result of the entrance-exam to high schools .....And I knew I failed to get a chance to go to the No.1 high school in our county.Then what should I do?I have to find something interesting to do in the newspaper .The most attract my attention one is to study laws by myself to be a lawyer.So I order some legal and reference books by post.but I don't know why I hate to told my father about it.Maybe I think it's a silly thing for a boy from rural area to talk about being a lawyer as his career in 1989 ,and even worse he can't go to a high school.Can I achieve the goal in my slack farming season ?I have no idea about all these things.

When I was boggling
one day my father suddenly come back from the town where the poor school is.He said I rode my bike this morning before sunrise to the high school.there he talked to one relative who worked in that school ,and asked the school principal to give me a chance to study ,that chance I did not cherish it before.and my father had already paid an amount of money as an extra .Because of my youth, My father was riding a bike in a dark road alone .I thought I had no better choice for me than obeying my father inclination. So going to college became my only goal in my high school life. I had betted with one of my classmates that one day I will go to college.I don't know whetherhe can remember it or not.And also from then on,the sight of father's back who's riding on a dark road alone often come to visit my brain.Especially when I had difficulty to study my English-----it seemed to be the the biggest obstacle for my college goal to overcome. and eventuly I become a teacher of English.

Recently when I read of a piece of advice that“Dropping out is not cool, it does not make you a tough guy, nor does it mean you are grown up or more mature - in fact it makes you the exact opposite of all these things. ”,I felt scared .if my father didn't ride his bike at that early morning ,what am I doing now? Can I type an essay in English?

Sometimes I had to learn to obey this is I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment